Vaportek products have proven exceptionally useful in fire restoration projects. The Vaportek compound effectively neutralizes impregnated smoke odor and, unlike ozone generators, does not harm fibrous materials. Additionally, buildings with smoke contamination may be occupied while the Vaportek system is in use.
Vaportek technology provides safe, effective treatment for all types of odors confronted by cleaning/restoration professionals.
- Smoke Damage
- Types of Smoke Damage
- Smoke Damage Treatment: Treat Atmosphere, Contents & Structure Simultaneously
- Smoke Odor
Cleaning a home which has suffered smoke damage due to a fire is essential to return to normal. Ash and smoke cause extensive corrosion, etching and discoloration, not to mention lingering powerful smoke odors.
- Protein Residues Smoke Damage – these cause some of the most extreme pungent smoke odors. The protein residue is invisible yet discolors paints and varnishes. Get rid of this smoke odor using a Vaportek solution.
- Moist Smoke Residues Smoke Damage – the result from smoldering fires with low temperature is wet smoke residue which are sticky, grimy and with pungent odors. Eliminating the strong smoke odor from wet smoke residue using Vaportek
- Dry Smoke Residues Smoke Damage – this results from quick burning fires at high temperatures. In this case the residues are often dry, dusty, powdery, small-grained, smoke particles. The smoke odor is not as strong as those caused by moist residues, but the smoke damage does leave a smoke odor which can be eliminated using Vaportek products.
- Fuel Oil Soot Smoke Damage – Fuel oil soot comes from various sources such as oil boilers, heaters, and furnaces.
Vaportek's unique odor-control systems employ proprietary compounds of select natural oils that are hermetically sealed into specially formed membranes. The membranes permit the oils to breathe through the surface of the envelope, allowing a "dry vapor" to be diffused into the air.
When the molecules of the Vaportek compounds volatize into the air, they react with the odor-producing elements of the odorous molecules, neutralizing or making them inactive by their interaction. With its high mobility in air and the ability to penetrate porous substances such as wallboard, wood, carpeting, cement, insulation and other surfaces, the "dry vapor" technology is able to permanently neutralize imbedded odors.
There are a variety of sources of smoke odors which can impact the longevity of the smell and the way to ultimately remove the smoke odor. For example, a billowing plume of smoke generated from a bag of popcorn burning in a microwave can fill a room quickly but can also be aired out to eliminate most of the odor. Followed by a thorough cleaning of the microwave with soap and water generally removes most of the smell. And over time usage will remove the rest because steam will in essence wash the unreachable surfaces. In other words duration of the smoke is a factor. A quick smoke does not penetrate pourous surfaces as deeply and can therefore often be eliminated with much less effort than daily cigarette smoking or smoke caused from a fire burning within the walls of the home or building.
Smoke Odor Sources
- Cigarette Smoking
- Cooking Fires
- Forest and Grass Fires
- Electrical Fires
Smoke Odor Removal
It makes sense to use products that are environmentally safe. Removing smoke smell by using green solutions is better for our health and is part of a natural lifestyle.
Vaportek's products comply with the current global emphasis on protecting our environment:
- "Environmentally preferable products and services have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared to other products and services that serve the same purpose."
- "Bio-based products are commercial or industrial products that are composed in whole or in significant part of biological products or renewable domestic agricultural materials (including plant, animal, and marine materials) or forestry materials."
View the complete product line of air treatment solutions.
Eliminating cigarette smells or cigarette odors instead of merely masking it is critical to the sale of a home or vehicle up for sale. Removing material saturated with cigarette smoke such as furniture, drapery, or seat fabric is important for the appeal to buyers or pleasure of new owner. Replacing carpeting or reupholstery can be expensive. Remove the cigarette smell and the space becomes healthier, livable or movable in a competitive market.
Vaportek Air Treatment Technologies
Vaportek's unique air treatment technologies have been in use around the world since 1979. Safe, effective natural essential oil formulas and systems make Vaportek products ideal for use in disaster recovery. A variety of products provide cost-effective solutions to virtually any odor problem. Inquire for more information about how Vaportek can help solve odor problems!
This is just a partial list of the sage, effective odor control products available from Vaportek. Inquire about other systems and powerful ready-to-use/concentrated liquids!
We recommend the following products for smoke issues:
- Heavy-duty Standalone Cartridge
- ECOZ Water-soluble Odor Controller Concentrate
See our complete product line.